Travel Stipends for Students & Post-docs
A limited number of travel stipends are available to students and post-docs in the amounts of $500 (international, outside of US and Canada) and $300 (US and Canada). Stipend recipients will also receive complimentary conference registration. This program is funded by the congress budget.
- Full-time students or post-docs within first two years of appointment
- Must submit an abstract for presentation at the conference.
- One applicant per research group.
- Must reside beyond 60 miles of Orlando.
How to Apply:
Deadline to apply: We still have stipends available. Application link will remain active as long as we have stipends available.
- Complete the online application which will include an applicant statement (250 words max) and upload of copy of submitted abstract and advisor letter of support.
PhD Poster Competition
Three winners will each recieve a $1,000 prize. Eight finalists will be selected prior to the congress. The eight finalists will each give a three-minute poster highlight presentation during the congress at the Innovation Stage. The three winners will be selected following the presentations. This program is funded by HUPO.
- Applicants must be full-time students on PhD-track
- Students must be current members of HUPO (international).
- There is a limit of one applicant per research group.
How to apply:
Deadline to apply is July 15, 2018.
Early Career Researcher Manuscript Competition
HUPO encourages all ambitious early-career proteomics researchers to participate in this competition with an already published publication during calendar years 2017-2018. Three finalists will be selected to present their publications in a related parallel session at HUPO 2018 in Orlando, where an expert committee will evaluate their oral presentations. Awards (first place $1,000 and two runners-up each $500) will be presented to the finalists during the Closing Ceremony & Awards Session on October 3, 2018. In addition, the three finalists will receive complimentary registration for HUPO 2018 (registration will be refunded post congress).
To start submitting your work, complete the application form here.
Deadline to apply is April 30, 2018.